Pages

Thursday 10 December 2015

Behind the Blog

Though 'tags' are generally the reserve of blogs that actually have a readership, my friend Megan, of the blog megansartspace, tagged me in the 'behind the blog' tag, which I believe she created. I thought it might serve to humanise me in cyberspace, however on completing the tag I realised what an unsympathetic character I am. I hope you appreciate my honesty. 

1) Describe yourself in five words.

Acerbic, Self-righteous, insecure, anally-retentive, sensible.

2) Where are you happiest?

Anywhere after receiving a compliment.

3) What drives your practice?

 Jealousy channelled into a drive for self-improvement. The enjoyment of being in control.

4) Do you listen to music when you work?

It varies. I cannot listen to music when I am writing, but I can watch films when I draw/paint/collage.

5) What media do you prefer to draw in?

4b pencil.


6) What are you currently reading?

Notes from Underground (Dostoyevsky), though I have stalled. I am unfortunately being killed by the internet. I used to read obsessively until I got a laptop. It really comes down to laziness, it becomes instinct to turn on the laptop when I get home, I really ought to pick up a book, it isn’t exactly difficult.


7) Something people may not know about you.

I hate drawing in public, I tend to work at home until it looks good and then do the finishing touches in the studio. This is not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment